Caring for your wool garments is not as intimidating as it may seem. For one, they don't need to be washed as often as other garments because wool is naturally antimicrobial!
When your garments do find themselves a bit dirty, follow these simples steps and your garments will be fresh and so clean!
1. Clean bucket
2. Dry bath towel
3. Mild detergent – we used The Laundress Wool and Cashmere shampoo
1. Fill your bucket with cold to room temperature water. Add enough water to completely submerge the garment.
2. Add the detergent (follow recommended amount per detergent instructions).
3. Swish the water around to mix in the detergent.
4. Turn your garment inside out and submerge it in the water/detergent mix. Lightly rub the garment together to get the detergent saturated throughout.
5. Soak for 10 minutes.
6. Rinse the garment under cold water to wash out all the soap.
7. DO NOT WRING – this can mess up your garment. Instead, lightly squeeze it to remove excess water.
8. Fold your towel in half and place on a flat surface. Lay your garment on the towel.
9. Starting from the bottom, roll the towel tightly to release some of the excess water in the garment.
10. Unroll the towel and either use the same towel or get a new one and place your garment on the towel. Lay it out nicely like how you would like it to look when it is dry and allow it to dry for 10-12 hours. Flip the garment over halfway through the drying process. Make sure the garment is in a shaded area, on top of your washing or drying machine is fine. Never hang the garment to dry as this could distort the shape.